The global technology research and advisory Information Services Group, ISG, has named Ficolo a Leader in Colocation in the Nordics. The ISG Provider Lens™ study covered the outsourcing provider landscape in the Nordic data center market and examined capabilities and competitive strengths between providers.
ISG Provider Lens™ – Next-Gen Private/Hybrid Cloud – Data Center Services & Solutions 2020
Ficolo named as Leader in Colocation in Nordics
Why was Ficolo named a Leader? Ficolo strengths according the study:
- Ficolo partnered with Megaport to enable access to Public Cloud Providers: Ficolo’s partnership with Megaport has strengthened its position as one of the emerging colocation providers in the colocation market in the Nordics
- Capital infusion for establishing world class cloud delivery center: Ficolo has bought a data center in Helsinki region and made a major investment to expand it into a modern Cloud Delivery Center. For the sale and leaseback transaction of Fujitsu’s data center, Ficolo was shortlisted for the data economy M&A of the Year award
- Durable Infrastructure: Ficolo’s critical infrastructure is managed and monitored using building management systems that enable the on-site facility management team to monitor all key components ― from power and cooling to security and access. These systems are backed by 24X7/365 on-site security and also by mechanical and electrical support teams.
- Ficolo Cloud Delivery services are designed to fit specific customer needs that provides secure and reliable cloud services.
- Ficolo data centers utilize modern solutions and are powered with 100% green energy. The data centers offer flexible solutions that cater for colocation, HPC and Hyperscale alike and high-density racks as well as cages and bespoke security solutions.
2020 ISG Provider Lens™ Leader – Analyst Comments
Ficolo is one of the emerging leaders in colocation segment, with its services from colocation to providing customers with connectivity, security, and cloud platform solutions.
Ficolo, founded in 2011, is a data center and cloud delivery company specializing in Cloud Delivery services. The company has three data centers: The Air in Helsinki, The Rock in Pori, and The Deck in Tampere. In addition, the company operates the Ficolo-IX Connectivity Hub in Helsinki. Ficolo also provides cloud and data center connectivity services, software-defined networking (SDN)-based cloud and centralized multi-cloud management solutions.