Running a data center can require capital expenditure and expertise in data center management. If you feel your company would be able to provide more value by allocating capital and resources in other areas, sale and leaseback can be an option.
This model allows an enterprise to get out of the business of operating the datacenter and lease it back, optionally at some point moving the data center to one of Ficolo’s modern, sustainable data centers. Often, data center capacity can be under-utilized and this model allows you to better optimize the capacity you are paying for.
With an energy-efficient datacenter it is further possible save in energy costs and lower your carbon footprint.
Sale and Leaseback Benefits
Benefits of sale and leaseback can include:
- Reduced need for capital expenditure
- Reallocation of capital in data center infrastructure
- Reduced need for datacenter infra competence
- Reduced carbon footprint and lower energy cost
- Easier to fulfil new customer requirements for security or sustainability
- Optimized use of capacity and pay-per-use model
- Improved access to datacenter expertise, smart hands and project management
From our experience in sales and leaseback we think every situation is unique and can consist of pure colocation or higher layers and can target different outcomes, such as investing heavily or migrating existing services.
Ficolo was shortlisted for Global M&A of the Year by Data Economy Finvest in February 2020 for the sale and leaseback of Fujitsu’s datacenter in Helsinki. We would be happy to have a discussion on your datacenter strategy with you, please contact us today!
Contact our sales
CCO, International Sales
+358 44 77 44 316
+358 50 345 1703
+358 44 77 44 300